Monday, August 31, 2009

Just sitting here thinking of you ....

Happy Monday everyone!
The quiet in my house is deafening - yes, you guessed it, my boys have gone back to school! I vowed to leave my housework until tomorrow so I could just sit back and enjoy my little guy and some peaceful crafting time today! And this I did.
My new Magnolia Fall kit arrived in the mail at the end of last week and I just adore the new Tilda and Edwin images. This I think has to be one of my new favourites! I don't usually colour in Tilda as a blonde but for some reason this image screamed 'blonde' at me!! I also pulled out my oranges which again is not a first colour choice but I loved the end result. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that some of my new copic colours are orange!!
So onto the card. I've used the fabulous sketch from Claudia this week over at Friday Sketchers. I pulled out my gorgeous MME papers which I painfully cut into, lol! I used the recipe over at the Magnolia Down Under Challenge blog - 1 flower, 2 ribbons, 3 brads and 4 papers. Tilda is sitting on my new nesties labels 8 which is very much like the SU! Top Note die cut.
Thanks for stopping over at my blog today and taking the time to look and leave a comment. As always, your comments are so much appreciated! I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Danielle x

24 comments:

Tara said...

Love the colours Danielle and that sweet new Tilda too! Can't wait for my lovelies to arrive now ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Sue said...

Aw, Danielle, Tilda is so cute sitting there on your card! Your boys are back in school and you have some me time to stamp, how nice. Your card is great and we are glad you participated in the challenge at MDU this week and hope you will come back for the next one. Have a great week.

Penni said...

Great Card, lovely colours.

My boys go back to school on Monday 7 September. In some ways I can't wait but in others I don't want them to go - what am I like lol!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Rachel said...

Awww Danielle she is sooo adorable. you colored her beautifully. i am so loving the fall kit images. can't wait to order mine.
hugs,
Rachel

dolcreations said...

Oh Danielle...I just love your new Tilda! She is coloured so beautiful!
Great job on the Challenge!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Danielle, love this sweet Tilda and she looks perfect with blonde hair.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Kellie said...

Oh isn't she just darling! Love your colouring WOW. Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.
xx

MDUC Site Owner.

stampinfrog said...

Danielle this is soooooo beautiful! I love the designer papers you have used and the orange goes with it perfectly!Love it!!! Miss Tilda is gorgeous as a blonde!!!
Hugs,Connie

Cheryl said...

So very beautiful Danielle,your colouring is superb and love your papers!!!
Hugs xx

KanataNewf said...

Love how you coloured Tilda - she does look nice as a blonde! Enjoy your freedom!

Norma said...

Danielle, gorgeous card. Tilda is so adorable--I'm going to have to get this one. Lovely DP's--love the colours you used. Beautifully coloured. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining the challenge at MDUC.

hugs.
Norma

Fern said...

Beautiful card Danielle, wonderful colour combo, and i love the sweet image!

Fern xx

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh Danielle this is simply gorgeous. I love everything about it. Wonderful job with the recipe. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning Danielle. The new Tilda's are so pretty and their plaits are so cute. I really like the layout of this card and how you have added the sentiment. Beautifull papers too - my faves!
Clare x

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous Danielle, love the colours, papers and you did a fabbo job on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining in MDU.
Kristy

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Danielle. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, beautiful Tilda and love the pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Danielle,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Danielle!! Your coloring is magnificent!! Awesome layout and design too!!! Gorgeous details and card!

Debbie Pamment said...

Just stunning Danielle - love everything about it - oooh can't wait until my new Magnolia's arrive - especially if I can do things half as beautiful as this!!!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Stephanie said...

This card is gorgeous - I love your layout hun :)

Hugs x

Tanya said...

Very sweet card!

Carolyn said...

Danielle,
Your card is so adorable. I love this image.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Ramona Michaluk said...

Gorgeous card Danielle ! Love your papers and the ribbon and your colour combination is stunning! You've done a beautiful job with our challenge - thanks for joining in the fun :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin